FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $69

Account

Riversol Mineral SPFs

SHARE

What's mineral sunscreen?

Mineral (or, inorganic) sunscreens work by absorbing about 95% of UV rays and converting them into heat. It’s then dissipated through the skin and scatters the remaining 5%. Chemical (or, organic) sunscreens work by absorbing 100% of UV light and converting them into heat, which is dissipated through the skin.

To learn more about how mineral and chemical sunscreens work, please refer to this article at the National Library of Medicine.

What makes Riversol better?

Beta-Thujaplicin (Beta-T)An antioxidant found in the extract of the Pacific red cedar tree that has an impressive rejuvenating effect on the skin. Studies have shown Beta-T also reduces the appearance of discoloration and dark spots.

Sun Filters: Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide
Naturally occurring minerals that offer broad-spectrum protection against UV rays. Zinc oxide also has skin soothing properties.

Vitamin E
Also known as "the protector", Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that helps reduce the look of sun damage. It also hydrates and restores the skin’s moisture barrier.

To learn more about our ingredients, please refer to Riversol’s website

How much to apply?

Aim to apply 2mg/cm2 or ¼ tsp of sunscreen for the face and neck to achieve advertised SPF. Studies continually show that people often apply far less, closer to 0.5mg/cm2.

The “two-finger rule” is an easy recommendation: Squeeze a strip of product on both the index and middle fingers, palm to tips.

For the average adult body, use about a shot glass full of sunscreen, or one ounce, to achieve advertised protection.

To learn more about how much sunscreen to apply, please refer to this article at the National Library of Medicine.